Saturday, October 3, 2009

Just Like Mother Used to Make

The bib Betty is wearing here is made especially for babies who drool a lot. It's small and fits equally around the whole head (kind of like those collars they make dogs wear to keep them from licking their stitches). She's not a big drooler, but Betty spits up after every feeding and usually in between. We're hoping she'll grow out of it soon, but for now she has to wear a bib all the time.

Tonight she was extremely fussy during her last feeding, and kept refusing the bottle. We tinkered with the bottle, the nipple, and finally tried giving her some formula instead. She immediately ate the formula. Now, she may just have been tired, but I suspect she might have her daddy's palate. I used to work really hard to make him wonderful homemade birthday cakes and all kinds of cookies and pies before I finally just accepted that he loves boxed cake mix best. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Betty didn't reject homemade milk in favor of the canned stuff.

I would be insulted (after all I've been through to feed this baby!) except I think that it's so neat that she is starting to have opinions. She has likes (her elephant, her cow, her mobile) and dislikes (overalls). It's neat finding out who she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment