Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bad Hair Day

Betty's hair is getting long enough that it's starting to get in her eyes. To continue the recent list of Things Betty Has Inherited From Her Mother, I should note that she has inherited my hair. My hair is thick and wavy, and with practically no forehead I can't keep it out of my eyes without lots of wrestling, product, and cussing. I don't know what to do with my own hair, much less Betty's. Here you can see our first experiment with hairbows, or as Steele says in his Cleveland accent a BAR-rett (where the "bar" rhymes with "car"). This solution also solves the problem of Betty being mistaken for a boy. But it adds the problem of my constant worry that Betty will swallow the hairbow. Any moms out there want to weigh in on how to get wispy baby hair to stay back without creating a choking hazard?

1 comment: