Thursday, January 14, 2010

Leader of the Pack

Yesterday's Daily Betty got derailed by the general chaos of the first day of classes, plus the specific chaos of a dead camera battery, a rather large amount of pee pee at an inopportune moment, and the sudden onset of a headache. I did take some pics, but I didn't upload them because of said issues. I'll post a Daily Betty 2-for-1 special this evening after 8:00 when I go in to the office.
***


The first pic (Wednesday) is of Betty hanging out with Daddy after her bath (and after said inopportune pee pee). Today's pic is of Betty's hilarious bedhead and joie de vivre upon waking up.

There's been some speculation about whether or not Betty's first word will be Mama or Dada. Until tonight if I were a gamblin' man I would put my money on Dada. I think I'll revise that wager. Betty's first word will probably be Tessa. In any case, it's the first word that we know she knows. She hears "bottle" and "diaper change" and "nap" and "baby" and "oops" and "hey, get back here," but never really seems to know what any of those things mean. Especially the latter. But today Tessa was outside barking at some dang thing and I said something like, "Do you hear Tessa?" and Betty turned around 180 degrees to look toward the gate!

No comments:

Post a Comment